Capella Education Company was named one of Forbes magazine’s “100 Most Trustworthy Companies in America” for 2014 (Forbes, 2014).
Prepare to lead in influencing policy that can make a difference in the field of health care. Capella University's online Doctor in Health Policy and Advocacy program prepares you to advocate globally for positive health outcomes. This program focuses on such topics as U.S. health policy, global health policy and policy advocacy and analysis, in addition to core courses covering advanced health administration concepts and practices.
The nationally recognized NCHL Health Leadership Competency Model — which is integrated into Capella's Doctorate in Health Policy and Advocacy program — features a real-world, action-oriented approach: evidence-based case studies, simulation exercises, consulting projects, presentations and more. With our interprofessional education, you learn about, from, and with other health care professions, gaining leadership skills to partner across professions to achieve common goals.
• Direct path: Complete your DHA in Health Policy and Advocacy in as few as three years when you have an MHA, or three and a half years when you have another master’s. For those with an MHA, you can transfer 12 quarter credits, saving you six months and more than $8,000. If you have additional applicable doctoral coursework, you may be able to transfer six more credits for up 18 transfer credits in total.
• Professionally aligned: Our competency-based curriculum allows you to gain the relevent competencies that employers require.
• Credible: Capella is a participant in the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) Higher Education Network.
• Real-world experience: Practice real-life leadership scenarios in a fail-safe, virtual health care environment during your specialization courses—then use those skills in your integrated capstone and practicum course to lead at the top of your field.
• Distinguished faculty: Provide comprehensive feedback on your work, encourage different ways of thinking, and provide insight into how well you’re demonstrating competencies.
• Online learning: 24-hour access to courses through Capella’s virtual courseroom.
With your DHA in Health Policy and Advocacy from Capella, you'll lead transformational health policy and advocacy processes, and execute strategies to optimize policy effectiveness.
Common careers with a DHA in Health Policy and Advocacy include chief executive officer, clinic director, department or division manager/supervisor, nursing director, public affairs director, public policy director or regulatory director. Potential workplaces include: federal government health care facility, health care organization, hospital, insurance company, nonprofit organization, nursing or residential care facility, research organization or social welfare agency.
Capella University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Capella University, Capella Tower, 225 South Sixth Street, Ninth Floor, Minneapolis, MN 55402, 1.888.CAPELLA (227.3552), www.capella.edu
Doctoral students must have a master's degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution.