School of Education and Human Services
Literacy is so foundational to learning that earning a master’s degree in the specialty can strengthen any educational career. Our program relies on excellent professors and real-world experience. We pair that academic rigor with flexible learning options for working professionals – so you can earn your degree online and complete your field experience during an intensive two-week residency on our Buffalo campus. Our program can prepare you for a career anywhere in the U.S., since it meets core literacy standards common across 46 U.S. states. Whether you use your degree to enhance your classroom or to move your career beyond it, you’ll graduate with the skills to truly improve education.
• Start when it works best for you – fall, spring, or summer.
• Earn your degree online or on campus.
• Our on campus program offers four tracks to accommodate those with or without initial childhood or initial adolescence certification. Our online program offers two tracks to accommodate those already possessing initial childhood or initial certification.
• Teach in our on-campus literacy center during a two-week intensive residency.
• Obtain the highly sought-after certification in literacy.
• Apply for financial assistance with a program that qualifies for TEACH funding grants.
• Complete your degree in one or two years.
The School of Education and Human Services is accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
International Student Requirements:
All international students are required to provide proof of English proficiency if English is not their first (native) language.
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: Yes
International Financial Aid: Yes
# of Credits Required: 33
Average Cost per Credit (Graduate): $765 USD
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Large City
Size & Settings: 3,000-5,999