Education Technologies and Emerging Media
Choose from three program tracks to receive either a master’s degree or an advanced certificate, and any one will fully prepare you for a career in educational technology.
Our graduate program in educational technologies and emerging media is flexible yet rigorous, to keep you at the forefront of an emerging field. You can choose from three program tracks to receive either a master’s degree or an advanced certificate, and any one will fully prepare you for a career in educational technology. It will help you integrate many types of media into your classroom – from video to iPads to cameras to internet resources to whatever technological tool emerges next.
• Earn your degree entirely online.
• Study in convenient eight-week sessions.
• Complete the master’s program in 15 months.
• Start when it works better for you – fall or spring.
• Fulfill practicum requirements for New York certification at an approved site in your local area.
• Master’s degree in educational technologies, leading to New York certification as an educational technology specialist.
• Master’s degree in educational technologies, not leading to New York certification.
• Education Technologies advanced certificate.
The School of Education and Human Services is accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
International Student Requirements:
Additional Requirements for International Students
Canadian and other international applicants must provide a completed Certification of Finances Form.
International students who have completed university coursework outside the U.S. and Canada are required to have their transcripts and degrees evaluated by a foreign credential evaluation service such as World Education Services (WES)
TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score, IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score, or a CAEL (Canadian Academic English Language) score.
TOEFL: 79 IBT or 550 PBT
IELTS: 6.5 overall
CAEL: 70 overall
Students from Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa are waived from the language proficiency requirement.
Student who completed a 4 year degree (on campus) at a U.S. college/university are waived from the language proficiency requirement.
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: Yes
International Financial Aid: No
# of Credits Required: 33
Average Cost per Credit (Graduate): $819 USD
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Large City
Size & Settings: 3,000-5,999