18111 Nordhoff Street
The Tseng College
Northridge, CA 91330
Master of Public Health: Community Health Education
Designed in collaboration with the university's College of Health and Human Development, CSUN’s two-year, seven-term online Master of Public Health: Health Education program is an ideal choice for individuals seeking to enter or advance in the field. Covering the five core areas of public health and professional preparation (biostatistics; environmental health; epidemiology; health policy and management; and social and behavioral science), it also includes field training in the public sector to provide practical experience and foster the development of decision-making skills.
Program participants come from a variety of backgrounds, including the health professions and health sciences, sociology and public health administration. MPH graduates go on to work in a range of disciplines and settings, including local, state and national public health departments; health-based nonprofits; community-based organizations; clinical and patient education; health advocacy; social work; worksite health promotion; research, academia, and schools.
This program is also suited for those pursuing careers with the World Health Organization (WHO), which requires a postgraduate specialization in a health- or management-related field for its higher-grade positions.
Combining academic excellence, flexibility, and real-world experience, CSUN’s online MPH program features
• A rigorous, carefully crafted curriculum, taught by the same CSUN faculty who teach in the on-campus program
• A well-designed and effective online learning experience
• Individualized training and ongoing support for faculty to ensure instructional excellence
• Students also receive beginning-to-end support from the Tseng College's professional distance-learning staff.
• A cohesive and supportive community: The program's cohort format not only supports graduation rates of 85% or higher, but also encourages the development of strong relationships among like-minded public health professionals as they proceed through the coursework as a group.
• Real-world perspective: The program's fieldwork component gives participants direct, practical experience in the public health sector. They also enjoy opportunities to work with faculty who are experienced practitioners and scholars in their fields.
• Flexible, work-friendly format: The program’s dynamic online format features asynchronous class meetings and weekly assignments, enabling participants to meet their professional and personal obligations as they move through the program.
• Guaranteed enrollment: Participants are guaranteed enrollment in all required courses. In addition, the on-going support of a designated program manager, from application to graduation, frees students to focus on their studies and fieldwork.
Financial Aid: Yes
Average Cost per Credit (Graduate): $737
In State Tuition (per year): $15,477 USD
Out State Tuition (per year): $15,477 USD
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Large City
Size & Settings: 20,000-39,999