18111 Nordhoff Street
The Tseng College
Northridge, CA 91330
Master of Social Work: Online
Unlike many social work programs, CSUN’s Master of Social Work expands students' career possibilities by offering a generalist approach. The curriculum also enables students to gain the skills and perspective to work at any level: individual/family (micro); group/community (mezzo); and societal/policy (macro).Our program gives students the opportunity to work with vulnerable and at-risk populations and cultivates an appreciation of the planned-change process.
Flexible Learning Options
• Fully online, as a two-year, full-time program - In addition to completing regular online assignments, the MSW program typically meets weekly for live, online sessions one week night per week, in each class. The specific day time for live sessions will be announced no later than one month before the cohort launch. Rare exceptions may apply.
High Quality Education
• Esteemed Faculty - Courses are led by distinguished CSUN faculty members who are experts in their fields. No matter which learning option – online or off-campus – students choose, they receive outstanding instructional quality together with personalized support, at a state-university price. In fact, CSUN’s online program can prepare students in less time, and can cost half as much, as a private university program.
• Outstanding support - Students admitted to the program are guaranteed enrollment in all required courses. What’s more, the complete and on-going support of a designated Program Manager, from application to graduation, frees them to focus on their studies and their field placement requirements.
• A cohesive and supportive learning community –Students enter and proceed through this program as a cohort, which encourages the development of a supportive network of fellow industry professionals. The cohort design not only guarantees enrollment in all required courses but also results in on-time program completion rates of up to 85% or higher.
• Well-designed, effective distance learning - As one of the first American universities to offer graduate degrees online, CSUN does not entrust its learning community to commercial providers. Rather, CSUN faculty and practitioners receive training and support to ensure instructional excellence. Students also benefit from the beginning-to-end support of CSUN’s professional Distance Learning staff.
•Field education - Field education provides the guided practice needed to prepare MSW students to become advanced social work professionals. CSUN faculty will help facilitate the placement of students in approved settings that are within a reasonable distance from the student’s home or work.
CSUN's MSW degree prepares students for careers as direct service providers, administrators, community advocates, counselors, policy makers, researchers, supervisors and service workers in a wide variety of settings, including community and government organizations, health care centers, schools, and more.
Financial Aid: Yes
Average Cost per Credit (Graduate): $737 USD
In State Tuition (per year): $22110 USD
Out State Tuition (per year): $22110 USD
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Large City
Size & Settings: 20,000-39,999