18111 Nordhoff Street
The Tseng College
Northridge, CA 91330
Master of Science in Engineering Management
CSUN’s two-year online Master of Science in Engineering Management program prepares engineers to transition into management positions within engineering and technical firms. The transition would enable engineers in management positions to lead and excel in senior roles in contemporary organizations. In a competitive and demanding global economy, professional engineering practice is increasingly complex, which raises the demand for well-educated engineers and technical professionals who can design new solutions and lead innovative teams to give an organization a competitive advantage.
Engineering companies depend heavily on innovative, agile responses to emerging opportunities and challenges, the creation and management of diverse talent, and the anticipation of market needs to gain and hold a competitive edge. This program equips graduates with the tools and principals necessary to find innovative management solutions for the modern engineering industry.
Prepare for Success in Leadership Roles
Engineering managers had a median pay of $132,800 in 2015, according to the U.S. Department of Labor. In 2015, California ranked first of all the states with the highest employment level in this occupation, with an annual mean wage of $165,800. The expanding job market will increasingly favor engineers with the communication and business management skills that are as necessary as advanced technical knowledge.
Program Educational Advantages
Program participants will:
• Develop project management skills and the ability to respond successfully to challenges of managing technical projects.
• Learn how to effectively lead and manage diverse teams of engineers and technical professionals.
• Hone analytic, communication, and organizational skills.
• Acquire practical solutions to the challenges of working in a global business environment, including issues of economic feasibility, project marketing, scheduling, and budgeting.
• Learn about the dynamics of innovation and solution design.
• Gain a mastery of supply chain management, quality management, and sustainability to add immediate value to their organizations.
Advantages of the Program’s Design
• This is a fully-online program that gives the working professional significant flexibility and allows participants to continue to work full time while earning their degree.
• The program is offered in a cohort format, which builds a strong learning community. Largely as a result of this format, CSUN’s fully-online graduate programs commonly have on-time graduation rates of 75% or more, with some reaching over 90%.
• Graduates from the program earn both the M.S. in Engineering Management and the CSUN University Certificate in Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management.
• Coursesfeature workshops and assignments with immediate real-world application; graduates will gain firsthand insight on quality management, supply chain systems, risk management, innovation, finance, and more.
• Courses are taught by accomplished CSUN faculty as well as leading practitioners with years of experience in engineering and high-tech firms.
Average Cost per Credit (Graduate): $795
In State Tuition (per year): 13117.00 USD
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Large City
Size & Settings: 20,000-39,999