The Path to a better future is right in front of you
18111 Nordhoff Street
The Tseng College
Northridge, CA 91330
Master of Public Administration - Public Sector Management/Leadership: Online
The Public Sector Management and Leadership option within CSUN's nationally-ranked MPA program develops and enhances management skills, enabling graduates to function more effectively within all types of public organizations. This option emphasizes both the quantitative aspects of management (i.e., decisions based on analytical data) and the human dynamics of leadership. By emphasizing conceptual and professional development, the program offers a well-rounded perspective of the field and develops leaders with a broad understanding at both the organizational and theoretical levels.
Most participants come to the program with highly specialized knowledge that reflects their experience within a particular area of expertise. The program's integrated curriculum provides graduates with a broader perspective as well as a conceptual vocabulary for leading agencies through increasingly complex issues. The program also emphasizes systems thinking, which gives participants an understanding of the external and internal forces that impact decision-making and problem-solving at their agencies.
MPA students also benefit from the following features:
• Work-friendly flexibility: CSUN's online format was designed especially for midcareer adults and its significant flexibility allows for completing coursework at times and in places that best suit each student’s unique schedule.
• Distinguished faculty: The MPA program is taught by CSUN faculty who also work in the field in a range of settings and roles. The program focuses on an evidence-based approach to learning and problem solving. The study of real-world cases brings current knowledge into the classroom and provides students with an optimal combination of theory and practice.
• Guaranteed enrollment: Students admitted into the program are guaranteed enrollment in all required courses.
• Exceptional Support Services: CSUN offers exceptional support services designed for working professionals. From application to graduation, students enjoy the one-on-one support of a designated program manager and a CSUN faculty member assigned to coordinate the efforts of all teaching in the program. This personalized support frees busy professionals to focus on their studies without University- or program-related administrative distractions.
• Expertly-crafted courses: The program is designed so that each consecutive course builds on the knowledge gained in previous coursework to ensure a cohesive and cumulative educational experience.
• Cohesive learning community: Students enter and proceed through this program as a cohort, which encourages the development of a supportive network of industry professionals and also results in on-time program completion rates of up to 85% or higher.
Financial Aid: Yes
Average Cost per Credit (Graduate): $723 USD
In State Tuition (per year): $13,014 USD
Out State Tuition (per year): $13,014 USD
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Large City
Size & Settings: 20,000-39,999