Earn your MSE in Reading from Arkansas State online
The Arkansas State University Master of Science in Education in Reading can boost your career while providing skills and techniques to improve the literacy of your students, including the diagnosis and remediation of reading problems.
This 100% online program for coursework (practicum is offline) provides close interaction with experienced, graduate reading faculty and practice with K-12 diagnostic assessments, interventions and methods to prepare you for literacy leadership within your school and district. Prepare for the reading specialist certification exam and gain knowledge essential for roles as a school literacy coach, school or district reading intervention specialist and literacy specialist at regional education service cooperatives.
Top reasons to enroll:
- U.S. News & World Report ranks A-State as one of America’s Best Colleges (South)
- Affordable tuition
- Multiple start dates each year—start when it’s convenient
- 100% online coursework
- Complete in as few as 12 months
In this program, you will gain:
- Diverse strategies to work with struggling readers in early childhood through secondary levels
- Participation in the Arkansas Delta Writing Project model
- Clinical experiences in the correction of reading difficulties
- Interaction with an experienced faculty providing skills and techniques for teaching reading
- Immersion in a program aligned with International Literacy Association standards
Arkansas State University is accredited by:
• The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of College and Schools (HLC)
• The College of Education is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), formerly known as the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).