Ed.S. Education Degree Specialist in Director of Special Education
Earn your Ed.S. in Special Education online
Arkansas State University offers an affordable online Education Specialist program in Educational Leadership with an emphasis in Special Education for special education teachers who possess a master's degree. This postgraduate program prepares you for a Special Education Director leadership role at the campus or district level. Your curriculum internship can be completed while you continue working as an educator or school administrator. In addition, some of the coursework in this program can apply to a doctoral degree in education at Arkansas State University.
In this program, you will:
- Learn how to provide leadership and expertise in assessing, identifying, and implementing special education goals
- Collaborate with related services and personnel, including psychologists, speech therapists, school administrators, and teaching staff
Top reasons to enroll
- Complete coursework that can be applied toward a doctoral degree in education at Arkansas State University
- Complete an internship while you continue working
- Degree completion in as few as 18 months
• Arkansas State University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) accredits degree-granting, post-secondary educational institutions in the North Central region of the United States. For more information, contact the Higher Learning Commission, 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, Illinois 60604-1411.
• The College of Education & Behavioral Science is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) at 2010 Massachusetts Ave. NW., Suite 500, Washington, DC 20036. Phone: (202) 223-0077.
• Arkansas State University is a member of several national organizations that support the highest educational standards.