Master of Science in Nursing
The RN to MSN degree option is offered to registered nurses who have graduated from an accredited diploma or associate degree nursing program, and who want to prepare for advanced nursing roles in education and/or leadership.
The RN to MSN option has both an undergraduate and a graduate component. The undergraduate portion is designed to meet the essential knowledge needed by the diploma or associate degree nursing graduate to be successful in the MSN. The MSN builds upon the undergraduate courses to prepare graduates for advanced nursing roles.
Graduates of the Nurse Educator concentration are prepared to function as generalists to teach in a variety of educational roles in nursing practice, including undergraduate nursing education programs and staff development programs.
Graduates of the Nurse Leader concentration are prepared to function in advanced leadership roles in a variety of health care settings. Both options include core content in nursing theory, trends in nursing, nursing research, statistics, health care policy, role development, ethics, diversity, and nursing informatics. Opportunity for immersion into the advanced role is provided
in the practicum experience. The program culminates with the development of a capstone project.
It is our expectation that nurses who complete the program will:
• Incorporate knowledge from nursing science, related fields, and professional foundations in building advanced nursing roles.
• Collaborate in scholarly activities of evaluation, application, and integration of nursing research into holistic nursing practice.
• Integrate Franciscan and personal values and beliefs into a framework for advanced nursing.
• Engage in professional activities, advocate for change, and articulate the role of the advanced nurse through interdisciplinary interaction.
• Demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of human diversity in the provision of health care.
• Explore the impact of ethical, political, economic, legal, and moral issues related to healthcare in society.
• Develop a commitment for life long learning and advanced study.
Lourdes University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Facts & Figures
International Financial Aid:
# of Credits Required:
Average Cost per Credit (Graduate):
In State Tuition (per year):
Out State Tuition (per year):