Master of Education
The Master of Education in Educational Leadership program is designed for educators seeking leadership experience and licensure as a principal in Ohio. The program integrates professional experience, clinical practice, and classroom activities; develops knowledge, skills, and attributes relevant to the current dynamic educational environment; and draws on the strengths of professionals at various stages in their careers.
The Principal Academy prepares educators to become transformational leaders at both public and faith-based schools who can meet the challenges of today’s education environment. Coursework and field experiences are designed to develop leaders with the knowledge, skills and dispositions to create school cultures that support student learning, to lead school reform initiatives, and to establish learning communities that engage key stakeholders in promoting learning and success for all students.
Completion of the MED in Educational Leadership meets the requirements for the State of Ohio Principal License. (Note: Candidates must pass the Praxis II Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision Test). In addition, graduates of the program receive mentorship and professional development support into their first year beyond graduation.
It is our expectation that educators who complete the MED in Educational Leadership program will demonstrate an understanding of:
• the knowledge, skills, and dispositions necessary to be an effective school leader.
• school culture and how leadership can foster a collaborative learning community.
• assessment theory and ability to analyze data to support decision-making, program development, and student learning.
• educational law and legal and ethical issues related to schools.
• the knowledge, skills and dispositions needed to meet the instructional and developmental needs of all learners.
• social, political, and legal issues facing schools and strategies to address these issues.
Lourdes University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Facts & Figures
International Financial Aid:
# of Credits Required:
Average Cost per Credit (Graduate):
In State Tuition (per year):
Out State Tuition (per year):