Graduate Schools in Ohio | OH Graduate Programs
Thinking of studying in the Midwest? If so, you might want to check out graduate schools in Ohio to complete your education. So what exactly does the “Buckeye State” have to offer?
Ohio has a population of 11,594,163 as of the 2014 estimate, which is a 0.5% change from 2010. 25.2% of residents have a Bachelor’s degree or higher, and the median annual household income is $48,308. The climate of Ohio is a humid continental climate throughout most of the state. Major cities include Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Toledo, Akron and Dayton.i
Top 7 Occupations in Ohio
Requiring a Post-Secondary Degree
Whether you need help deciding what degree to pursue, or just want to get a feel for
professions with the highest employment in Ohio , the table below should be helpful.
- Registered Nurses124,620
- General and Operations Managers61,360
- Secondary School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education50,510
- Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education49,030
- Accountants and Auditors44,500
- Software Developers, Applications36,000
- Business Operations Specialists, All Other34,570
These results were reported by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. For more information see the OES May 2017 State Data Report.
Popular Graduate Degree Programs in Ohio
Ohio's geographic location has proven to be an asset for economic growth and expansion. Because Ohio links the Northeast to the Midwest, much cargo and business traffic passes through its borders along its well-developed highways. Ohio is one of the nation's industrial leaders, ranking third in manufacturing employment nationwide. Tourism is a valuable revenue producer, bringing in $36 billion in 2009. Attractions include the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Indian burial grounds, the Pro Football Hall of Fame, and the homes of presidents Grant, Taft, Hayes, Harding, and Garfield.ii
If you’re looking for a change of pace, why not try Ohio? Browse the graduate programs and schools below to find one that fits your needs.
Discover Top Ohio Cities for a Graduate Program
|Population||Median Household Income||Median Gross Rent||% of person having a bachelor's degree or higher|
- Cincinnati, OHCincinnati, OHUnion Institute & University is a private, not-for-profit university, that educates highly motivated adults who seek academic programs to engage, enlighten, and empower them to pursue professional goals and a lifetime of learning, service, and...
Additional Ohio Campus: Cincinnati
- OnlineOnlineUpcoming Start Date: March 30, 2020Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally-relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university. As a regionally accred...
- OnlineOnlineThe mission of Malone University is to provide students with an education based on biblical faith in order to develop men and women in intellectual maturity, wisdom, and Christian faith who are committed to serving the church, community, and world.
- Columbus, OHColumbus, OHLocated in Columbus, Ohio the Columbus College of Art and Design welcomes local, national and international students ready to get their degree in any of the fine arts. The school offers both graduate and undergraduate degrees as well as community cl...
- OnlineOnlineAt the University of Dayton, we learn by doing, because doing transforms education. Whether it's breaking ground on campus to do groundbreaking work with GE Aviation, staying ahead of the economic curve by opening an institute in China or incr...
Trinity Lutheran SeminaryColumbus, OHColumbus, OHTrinity Lutheran Seminary is school of theology based on the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELICA). Due to the Lutheran religion being ecumenical and sectarian, the Trinity Lutheran Seminary has striven to be of service to the Christian co...
Winebrenner Theological SeminaryFindlay, OHFindlay, OHThe Winebrenner Theological Seminary is a degree granting institution founded by the Church of God, General Conferences (CGGC) in Findlay, Ohio. The school serves as the sole seminary for the CGGC, and is known for providing a high quality intensive ...
Additional Ohio Campus: Online
Central Michigan UniversityOnlineOnlineCentral Michigan University, with a main campus in Mount Pleasant, Michigan, and more than 60 locations across the U.S., is nationally recognized for academic excellence in more than 200 programs. Cutting edge research, new facilities, graduate progr...
Lake Erie CollegePainesville, OHPainesville, OHLake Erie College is a private liberal arts college, popular with its equine studies program, which is the most popular major at the institution. Currently, there are around 1,200 undergraduate and graduate students enrolled at the Lake Erie College....
Muskingum CollegeNew Concord, OHNew Concord, OHMuskingum University is located in New Concord, Ohio, and it is the alma mater of astronaut and US senator John Glenn. It offers a high caliber education that combines a solid curriculum with hands on independent study. They are a close knit commun...
Ohio Northern UniversityAda, OHAda, OHOhio Northern University is a private university that is made up of five colleges which are Arts and Sciences, Business Administration, Engineering, Pharmacy, and Law. The campus is settled in Ada, Ohio on 342 acres in a scenic town. Students can enj...
Additional Ohio Campus: Online
Pontifical College JosephinumColumbus, OHColumbus, OHPontifical College Josephinum offers undergraduate degrees as well as the Master of Divinity degree. Upon graduation of the Master’s of Divinity program graduates will be able to carry out the mission of the Catholic Church. The priesthood is the l...
Siegal CollegeBeachwood, OHBeachwood, OHSiegal College promotes the study of Judaism by teaching Jewish principles and preparing Jewish educators and other communal professionals, facilitating the Jewish process of adult learners, serving as the Jewish higher education resource to the comm...
St. Mary Seminary And Graduate School Of TheologyWickliffe, OHWickliffe, OHFounded in 1848, St. Mary Seminary and Graduate School Of Theology has been a major seminary for the Diocese of Cleveland, Ohio, preparing men for Priesthood within the community. Saint Mary is a Graduate School of Theology, offering curriculum and ...
Athenaeum Of OhioCincinnati, OHCincinnati, OHSince 1829, Athenaeum of Ohio has been a graduate school sponsored by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Cincinnati that prepares students for service to God. Mount St. Mary's Seminary is an old division of Athenaeum of Ohio which educates their s...
Hebrew Union College - Jewish Institute Of ReligionCincinnati, OHCincinnati, OHHebrew Union College – Jewish Institute of Religion is the oldest institute of higher Jewish education in the nation. Students can study at Hebrew Union College in Cincinnati, Jerusalem, Los Angeles, and/or New York. Those who choose to pursue a d...
Central State UniversityOnlineOnlineCentral State University is an institution of higher learning located in Wilberforce, Ohio that offers both graduate and undergraduate degree programs in a variety of fields. Central is one of the nation’s oldest, historically African American univ...
Additional Ohio Campus: Wilberforce
Walsh UniversityNorth Canton, OHNorth Canton, OHWalsh University Online Walsh University Online provides a values-based education with an international perspective. Leaders learn and grow with Walsh University Online as our engaging and flexible online courses deliver a world-class educatio...
Additional Ohio Campus: Online