School of Graduate Studies
Master of Arts in Practical Theology
The Master of Arts in Practical Theology offered by Pfeiffer is a degree for adults seeking graduate level preparation in Christian Education & Age Level Ministries, Pastoral Care & Counseling, Missions & Evangelism, and Church Administration. In addition to the university’s nationally recognized track for professionals in Christian Education, two new areas of specialization are offered -- one in Missions & Evangelism and in partnership with Carolina Health Care System, one in Pastoral Care & Counseling.
- Classes are offered in weekly, weekend and intensive formats as well as online, giving you the options needed to continue a career while pursuing your degree.
- The discipline of practical theology combines practical ministry with academically rigorous theological reflection, equipping you for leadership in churches and society, enhancing your preparation for ministry and beyond.
- Classes are conducted in an intimate learning environment with students and professors from diverse backgrounds and life experience.
- The MAPT degree continues to offer specializations in Children’s Ministry and Youth Ministry within the CE/Age Level Ministry track.
- Pfeiffer University’s Center for Deacon Education is partnered with Wesley Theological Seminary to offer all of the basic graduate theological studies required for the UMC Deacon track.
- Through the MAPT degree program and the Center for Deacon Education, you may complete over 32 semester hours fulfilling the requirements for the Advance Course of Study in the United Methodist Church.
- Students seeking denominational certification may register as a non-degree student. Approved
Pfeiffer University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097; Telephone number 404-679-4501) to award Bachelor's and Master's degrees.
Facts & Figures
# of Credits Required:
Average Cost per Credit (Graduate):
Master's College or University II
Size & Settings: