Lenoir - Rhyne University
Charles M. Snipes School of Business
Master in Business Administration
PO Box 7227
Hickory, NC 28601
LR’s accredited MBA programs furnish students exceptional opportunities for professional development and advancement in a wide range of areas in business, commerce, and other organizational settings. The program is presently offered at both LR’s Hickory and Asheville campuses. Beginning fall semester 2016, the MBA will begin to utilize a new and highly innovative delivery model that will allow students multiple means of access to the curriculum (from term-to-term or even course-to-course): face-to-face instruction on one of the two campuses, online instruction through synchronous “streaming” classrooms, or asynchronous delivery through online video presentations. Full-time faculty mentors—a longstanding component on the program--will remain available on both campuses to support other student needs, as well (as it has since the Business began at LR in 1901).
MBA students may begin their program studies any semester (summer, fall, or spring term). As a non-cohort program, students can complete the curriculum at their own pace—full-time or part-time. Any practicum experiences can be completed close to home at the students’ greater convenience.
The philosophy of the MBA program at Lenoir-Rhyne University focuses upon five core beliefs that constitute the program's educational emphasis;
- First, it maintains a managerial emphasis: the program focuses upon providing its students those lessons and applications that help them manage people and resources to achieve results.
- Second, the program has a decision-making, orientation. Analysis alone can never be an end in itself. In an environment of imperfect and incomplete information, students must be prepared to understand the risks and rewards of decision making and to be responsible for the consequences that ensue.
- The third cornerstone of the program's philosophy is articulated in its attention to creative problem solving. Business leaders must engage individual creativity and innovation; more importantly, they must be able to develop the creative abilities of those in their employment.
- Fourth, today's managers must have global perspective. As the world's economies grow evermore closely linked, thinking globally enhances opportunity and confronts competitive realities.
- Finally, and most importantly, the program is about shaping managers who behave ethically. Quality decision making requires that business leaders always consider the ethical components for all stakeholders, cultivated by means of a reflective and thoroughly considered set of moral principles.
LR’s MBA is a 36-hour program. Students may complete the program at their own pace—full-time students generally can finish their degree in four semesters. Undergraduate students entering the MBA through LR’s innovative Bridges to Dreams program--available only the LR’s undergraduates—are able to finish in an even shorter amount of time.
Accreditation:Lenoir-Rhyne University is accedited through SACS.
Facts & Figures
# of Credits Required: 36
Average Cost per Credit (Graduate): 415 USD
Classification: Baccalaureate College—General
Locale: Small City
Size & Settings: 1,000-2,999