M.A. in Executive Leadership Studies
The focus of the Executive Leadership (K-12) program is to prepare experienced teachers to serve as educational leaders; it is designed to relate to the needs of educators in both theory and practice. Those with bachelor's degrees may enter the two-year program leading to a Master of Arts degree in Executive Leadership (K-12), which is a 36-semester-hour program including a 6-hour internship.
The purpose of the MA in Executive Leadership Studies (K-12) is to develop educational leaders through courses, research, seminars, and internships conducted in an environment based on Christian principles and values.
The Executive Leadership Studies program is designed to meet the following program goals for prospective school administrators:
1. Provide a foundation in the principles and procedures of educational administration, curriculum development, and instructional improvement.
2. Promote the development of the ability to implement and evaluate models of instruction and methods of supervision in the classroom and other school settings.
3. Foster the development of the ability to evaluate classroom teachers within an academic environment.
4. Develop the capacity to interpret and implement educational research in the total school program.
5. Provide preparation for service as instructional and educational leaders.
Gardner-Webb University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
The Education program is accredited by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction and the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
International Student Requirements:
1. TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 500-paper based test, 173 min.-computer based, or 61 min.-internet based.
2. WES - (Evaluation of Foreign Educational Credentials) - All Transcripts from institutions outside U.S. must be submitted to WES
3. VISA/ PASSPORT - F1 student visa or H1B work/employment visa. -Permanent Residents need to supply a copy of their permanent residency card
International applicants planning to immigrate to the U.S.A., submit the following:
4. Documents to Support Sponsor Financial Responsibility-Copy of most recent Bank Statement and one of the following: Recent tax return OR copies of the Last 3 pay stubs.
5. I-20 Request Form
6. International Student Transfer Form (if coming from another U.S. institution, a copy of your I-94 and I-20 are required)
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: Yes
International Financial Aid: Yes
# of Credits Required: 36
Average Cost per Credit (Graduate): $355 USD
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Fringe Rural Area
Size & Settings: 3,000-5,999