Master of Science in Technology
Concentrations in Appropriate Technology, Building Science, Graphic Arts & Imaging Technology, Building Energy Engineering, Renewable Energy Engineering
The Department of Technology and Environmental Design graduate degree programs provide advanced education, research opportunities, and opportunities for field-based work in selected technical areas. The program's aim is to foster philosophies for lifelong professional development and contributions to the field of study, with particular emphasis on the development of sustainable technologies. Our graduate programs build upon the recognized excellence of our undergraduate programs in Appropriate Technology, Building Science, Graphic Arts and Imaging Technology, and Technology Teacher Education.
This degree offers concentrations in:
• Appropriate Technology - Focuses on sustainable technologies, with an emphasis on renewable energy and energy efficiency. The program is widely recognized for the contributions made by faculty and students in the arena of energy studies and sustainable applications of technology.
• Building Science - Focuses on developing construction management expertise, and is also recognized for its emphasis on energy efficient building design, construction, and testing, as well as use of alternative building materials.
• Graphic Arts & Imaging Technology - Develops advanced knowledge of the printing industry, with an emphasis on new media and new developments within the printing industry, including advancements in computer imaging technologies.
• Building Energy Engineering - Designed for individuals with an engineering or science background interested in a program with a strong technical emphasis on design and construction of buildings and systems for energy efficiency and healthy indoor air quality.
• Renewable Energy Engineering - Designed for individuals with an engineering or science background interested in a program with a strong technical emphasis on renewable energy system design, monitoring, and analysis.