About Utica University
About Utica University
Utica University is an accredited, independent, private institution. Founded in 1946 by Syracuse University, Utica is in the heart of Central New York. Ranked in the Top 200 Regional Universities by US News & World Report, Utica is also a National Center of Excellence. This stature is designated by the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security for Utica’s Information Assurance/Cyber Defense Education (CAE IA/CD) for the academic years 2014-2019 .
Through Utica University Online, students from all over may access graduate certificates, masters and doctorate programs that are designed to align with today’s business world. These are taught by the same faculty that teach the traditional on campus classes. In addition, courses cover the same topics as Utica University’s nationally recognized campus-based programs. Look to Utica university for a degree in Business Administration, Cybersecurity, Financial Crime, Education and Physical Therapy. Match it with a learning delivery that meets your needs where they are. Many programs are available in campus, online and hybrid formats.
Mission, Vision and Values
Devoted to continual improvement, Utica University’s mission rests on several key values. One of these is a commitment to personal attention for their students. Other tenets include fostering responsible citizenship and lifelong learning.
Enrollment, Attendance, Graduation
Based on Fall 2015 data, there were over 1300 graduate students enrolled at Utica University.i
- 83% part-time and 17% full-time studentsi
- 82% enrolled in distance education, 6% enrolled in some distance education, 13% not enrolled in distance education i
- 360+ masters degrees and 280+ doctorate degrees were awarded in 2014-2015i
Graduate Admission Requirements
Utica University uses an online application form. Prospective students are required to complete this form, which includes details such as a personal statement, work history, and official transcript, and submit an application fee. The transcript needs to show award of a bachelors degree and any other graduate degrees. This packet must be received by 30 days after the start of classes. In addition to these basic materials, there may be program-specific requisites
Utica University is on a rolling admissions system, meaning that they do not have an application deadline. However, students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as space is limited.
- Special Learning Opportunities: Undergrad Distance, Grad Distance
- Credit Accepted: Dual credit, Credit for life experiences, Advanced placement(AP) credits
- Carnegie Classification: Master's Colleges and Universities (larger programs)
- Religious Affiliation: Not applicable
- There are 435 full-time faculty
- 427 Part-time instructional faculty
- ROTC Services
- Study Abroad Services
- Weekend Evening College Services
- Remedial Services
- Academic Career Counseling Services
- Employment Services for Students
- Placement Services Completers
- Library Services
Enrollment, Attendance, Retention Rates and Graduation
Graduate attendance rate of 84% part-time and 16% full-time
For the years 2018-2019 Utica University awarded: 822 bachelor's degrees, 466 master's degrees, 312 doctor's degrees - professional practice
There are two main forms of financial aid available to eligible graduate students at Utica.
- Grants (often called scholarships)
- Loans such as Federal Direct Stafford Subsidized, Unsubsidized Loans and Direct Graduate PLUS loans
- Utica University: Utica, NY1600 Burrstone Road, Utica, NY, 13502
- Utica University: Online