Newhouse School of Public Communications
New Media Management
If you envision a future in communications leadership, the new media management program is right for you. The premise of the program curriculum is that every company is a media company. When corporations have web sites for public storytelling and advertising morphs into ongoing ‘‘brand conversations’’ through social media channels, strategic communications managers need to be fluent in both the discipline and the tools of modern communications.
New media management is offered jointly between the Newhouse School and the Martin J. Whitman School of Management. Students split their coursework between the two schools.
The program includes a combination of courses that are critical at the master’s level with practical skills courses:
• Underlying principles of search engine and content optimization
• Modern content management
• Large-scale economic and technological forces in modern business
• Marketing and managerial principles.
Unique features of our program:
• At the end of your program, you’ll participate in a capstone project with a real-world client. New media management students have worked with companies like Foursquare and Sony Pictures Digital.
• The program prepares you to work in a supervisory capacity in any strategic and digital communications area.
• You will practice the application of innovative digital solutions to strategic communications problems in both traditional and new media businesses.
• Graduates have gone on to work with new media companies like Google, digital advertising agencies like 360i and Mullen, traditional media companies like The New York Times, and companies like ARK Investment Management, which understand that their online presence is their business presence.
Newhouse is accredited by ACEJMC.
International Student Requirements:
International students must submit a TOEFL score of 100 or higher or an IELTS score of 7.0 or higher.
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: Yes
International Financial Aid: Yes
# of Credits Required: 36
Classification: Doctoral/Research University—Extensive
Locale: Midsize City