Information Systems & Telecom Mgmt.
This 15-credit Certificate of Advance Study in Information Systems and Telecommunications Management is offered both online and on campus. The certificate program prepares college seniors who are embarking upon their careers or employees seeking to round out their management knowledge with the skills to manage information systems and telecommunications initiatives.
The IS&TM certificate can meet the needs of professionals in any field who see the need for knowledge and qualifications in both the technical and managerial aspects of information technologies.
The graduate certificate in Information Systems and Telecommunications Management (IS&TM) equips you with an understanding of key issues in the fields of information and telecommunications management, including:
* organizational management and implementation of rapidly changing information technologies
* database management and administration
* management of local and wide-area networks and the challenge of global interconnectivity
* harnessing information resources to improve organizational effectiveness, including decision making, problem solving, strategic planning, marketing and budgeting processes
* project management processes and challenges of outsourcing
* systems integration
* website design and management, including information architecture
* state-of-the-art applications in computer, telecommunications, and information technologies
International Student Requirements:
Applicants who are citizens of the following English speaking countries are not required to submit TOEFL scores: Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Canada, Fiji, Ireland, Jamaica, New Zealand, Trinidad & Tobago, and the United Kingdom.
International applicants who would need Syracuse University to issue them an I-20 form for a student visa must show sufficient funding for at least the first year of graduate study. Acceptable evidence of adequate funding for privately sponsored applicants is certified current bank statements on official bank letterhead signed by an authorized bank official that indicates sufficient funds exist to meet at least first year expenses.
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: Yes
International Financial Aid: Yes
In State Tuition (per year): 0 USD
Classification: Doctoral/Research University—Extensive
Locale: Midsize City