Your path to a rewarding career in the advertising industry begins with our intensive, 12-month program organized around the concept of “Think, Do, Perform.” Within a curriculum focused on advertising management and strategy, you can customize your studies to develop an emphasis in account planning, social media management, fashion promotion, media planning, health promotion, nonprofit promotion, or international advertising.
• You can concentrate your education and skills in management, strategic planning, digital advertising, copywriting, art direction or communication/media planning, or buying.
• Take courses such as Integrated Advertising Campaign; Digital Branding and Strategy; The Creative Brain; and Strategic Brain: Account Planning and Research.
• The program concludes with two intense campaign pitches to real clients in New York City.
• You will be assigned a faculty adviser who will guide you to build a professional network, including 3 to 5 graduates and professionals working at ad agencies to facilitate your job search.
• The program boasts special partnerships with ad agencies including 360i, Digitas, and Wunderman and many other agencies in New York City, Los Angeles, and others to provide you opportunities to explore your career interests.
• An array of professionals visits campus to lead workshops and network with students. Recent visitors have included CEOs from Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide, Eric Mower + Associates, Association of National Advertisers, American Association of Advertising Agencies, 360i, Y&R Worldwide, OMNICom, Saatchi & Saatchi, and more than 30 other leading ad agencies.
• An Interactive Advertising Bureau study has recognized Newhouse with a Digital Advertising Emphasis as one of the top five in the country.
• Recent graduates are working at companies like 360i; Razorfish; BBDO; Saatchi & Saatchi; Grey; mcgarrybowen; Horizon Media, Generator Media + Analytics; Cline, Davis & Mann; and Gotham.
Newhouse is accredited by ACEJMC.
International Student Requirements:
International students must submit a TOEFL score of 100 or higher or an IELTS score of 7.0 or higher.
Facts & Figures
International Financial Aid:
# of Credits Required:
In State Tuition (per year):