St. John's University
College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
Pharmacy Administration, M.S.
8000 Utopia Parkway
Queens Village, NY 11439
Master of Science (M.S.) in Pharmacy Administration
It is an exciting time to pursue a graduate degree in pharmacy administration. Changes in population demographics, increased reliance on pharmaceutical products and services, healthcare policy reforms, changing roles of informed consumers in the treatment process, and cost containment pressures in current economic times are influencing the health care system. These changes present challenges and opportunities for professionals in the area of pharmacy administration.
Pharmacy Administration is an applied field which adopts and adapts principles and theories from different areas of psychology, medical sociology, marketing, and economics to address the health care problems at both the individual patient and population level. There is a need for researchers who can study the social, psychosocial, political, legal, marketing, and economic factors that influence the appropriate and efficient use of pharmaceuticals and diverse health care services. Individuals with talent and advanced training in regulatory affairs, pharmaceutical marketing, consumer behavior, health care management, pharmacoeconomics, health economics and outcomes research, and pharmacoepidemiology are actively sought by academia and the healthcare industry. Our program goal at St John’s University is to provide individuals the required knowledge and skills in the above mentioned areas.
Our mission is to provide our pharmacy and graduate students with the knowledge and skills they need to advance scholarship that is practice focused, patient-centered, and outcomes-oriented.
The program of Pharmacy Administration, at St John’s University’s College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences produces graduates who:
- Demonstrate adequate competencies in pharmaceutical marketing, consumer behavior, healthcare finance, pharmaceutical promotion, pharmacoeconomics, and regulatory affairs.
- Demonstrate research skills in the areas of marketing pharmaceutical marketing, consumer behavior, healthcare finance, pharmaceutical promotion, pharmacoeconomics, and regulatory affairs through peer reviewed publications and presentations.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities internally and externally.
- Are qualified to work in different areas of pharmaceutical industry, academia, government organizations, and other healthcare organizations.
- Able to compete successfully for admission into Ph.D. programs in other prestigious universities across the country.
Facts & Figures
Classification: Master's College or University II
Loans Offered: Applicants are strongly encouraged to complete the FAFSA forms. (Code: 02823)
Locale: Large City
Size & Settings: 1,000-2,999