Microsystems Engineering, (Ph.D.) - Master
Rochester Institute of Technology offers a unique educational and research program that leads to a Ph.D. in Microsystems Engineering. This multi-disciplinary program builds on the strengths in microelectronic fabrications, photonics, imaging science, and micro-power research programs at RIT. The program is designed to be application oriented without sacrificing the scientific and engineering fundamentals. Students will be involved in cutting edge research and have access to modern facilities that are one of the largest of its kind in any academic institution.
The program is available full-time, on campus. The program is multidisciplinary, and students with a bachelor's degree in science or engineering can be accepted to pursue their Ph.D. in Microsystems Engineering.
* A program designed for students with excellent preparation in the physical sciences and engineering.
* Multidisciplinary faculty sharing resources and expertise.
* Program administered by the Ph.D. program in microsystems engineering committee, which includes core faculty members from the colleges of Engineering and Science.
* A unique clean-room and research laboratories designed for and dedicated to providing a world-class focus for microsystems engineering research across traditional disciplinary boundaries.
* Collaboration with industry and government laboratories.
* The Ph.D. in microsystems engineering is first of its kind in the nation.
Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Facts & Figures
International Financial Aid: Yes
International Financial Aid Description: For graduate study, many of the 70 graduate programs offer assistantships. Additionally, more than 9,000 student jobs are available on campus each year.
Classification: Master's College or University I
Loans Offered: Loans may be available. Applicants may apply by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Candidates may work with RIT's Financial Aid Office to determine aid eligibility and funding options.
Locale: Large Suburb