New York Institute Of Technology
School of Health Professions, Behavioral and Life Sciences
P.O. Box 8000
Old Westbury, NY 11568
Prepare yourself for the National Physical Therapy Examination and for a successful, gratifying career. Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education of the American Physical Therapy Association, our D.P.T. program will teach you to perform evaluations, make diagnoses, and provide patient interventions in small class sizes.
You will also have the opportunity to:
- Conduct studies with dedicated faculty who bring decades of scholarship, advanced degrees, and a record of pioneering research.
- Publish your research with your faculty research mentors in leading peer-reviewed journals.
- Present your findings at professional conferences on topics that include sports and spinal cord injuries, geriatrics, Parkinson’s disease, and balance and functional performance.
- Participate in interprofessional education simulations with other students from NYIT’s School of Health Professions.
- Have the opportunity to gain certification as an orthopedic clinical specialist in our post-professional residency program.
Our program offers more than 300 clinical affiliations throughout the U.S., including some of the most distinguished health care facilities in the New York area. If you like, you will have the opportunity to choose a specialty clinical experience based on your interests, in the areas of:
- Vestibular therapy
- Women’s health
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Burn therapy
- Sports rehabilitation
Accreditation:Middle States, CAPTE
International Student Requirements:Transcript with a minimum 3.0 GPA, many prerequisites, 100+ hours clinical experience, essay, 2 recommendations.
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: Yes
# of Credits Required: 100
Average Cost per Credit (Graduate): $1,250 USD
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Large Suburb
Size & Settings: 6,000-9,999