About Manhattanville College
Why Consider Manhattanville College?Manhattanville College graduate students could explore about 75 graduate degrees and advanced certificates. The school utilizes a semester-based academic calendar with rolling admissions where students could begin in Fall, Spring and Summer. It also offers many courses online as well as on-campus in the evenings or on weekends. There are three primary areas of graduate study at Manhattanville College.
- Manhattanville’s School of Education offers dual degree and dual certification programs in education as well as a doctoral program. It also has partnerships with area schools, including satellite locations and internship opportunities in the Hudson Valley
- Manhattanville’s School of Business offers 6 career-focused Masters programs. Plus, students could work towards a 12-credit certificate which could provide a stand-alone credential or credit applied to its respective Masters degree. There is also a SHRM Certification Prep course
- Manhattanville’s School of Arts and Sciences focuses on graduate-level creative writing through a Master of Fine Arts (MFA) Program. The MFA program features evening and weekend courses to meet the schedule needs of the at-work student
Manhattanville College Program ModelGraduate programs at Manhattanville are founded on a commitment to a liberal arts education and a drive to keep curricula updated and practical. Many programs keep small class sizes of an approximate 12:1 ratio of faculty/students.
Student Services at ManhattanvilleAt Manhattanville, there are a variety of student services, activities and resources. For instance, full-time residential graduate students could receive comprehensive medical treatment and mental health counseling in both individual and group sessions. Other support services are highlighted below.
- Disability services
- Office of International Students & Scholars
- Center for Inclusion
- Academic Advising
- Center for Career Development
- Manhattanville College Library (24/7 access to databases)
- Sustainability (Manhattanville is a signer of the American College & University Presidents’ Climate Commitment)
What is Manhattanville College Ranked?In 2018, Manhattanville ranked 102 in the category ‘Regional Universities North’ by U.S. News and World Report.
Mission, Vision and Values
Manhattanville College operates with a “firm belief in the liberalizing effect of the liberal arts.” The school also strives to provide evolving and industry-driven curricula.
AdmissionsApplicants to Manhattanville College fill out an online application to the school they are applying to (E.g. School of Business) and may need program-specific prerequisites. For example, students interested in the MFA degree program must submit a sample of their writing and a personal essay. Candidates for Masters programs typically need to have earned an undergraduate degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 along with the following material.
- Personal Essay
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Health Records
- Optional GRE, GMAT, SAT & ACT testing
- TOEFL scores if applicable
Enrollment, Attendance, Retention Rates and Graduation
Graduate attendance rate of 64% part-time and 36% full-time
For the years 2018-2019 Manhattanville College awarded: 382 bachelor's degrees, 284 master's degrees, 35 post-master's certificates, 12 doctor's degrees - research/scholarship
- The School of Education is also accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
- The Masters of Professional Studies in ABA and the Advanced Certificate in ABA are approved by New York State for licensing as a Behavior Analyst and by the Behavior Analysis Certification Board for national certification
- International Finance
- Financial Institutions, Money and Markets
- Risk Management
- Sport Communications
- Financial Aspects of Sport Management/Entertainment
- Sport Marketing
- Facility Management