MS in Public Accounting
The Master of Science in Public Accounting requires completion of 42 credits. This program is designed for those students who earned a Bachelor’s degree in Business, but did not major in Accounting, and have since decided you’d like to become a Certified Public Accountant.
Does the program lead to certification?
• The MS in Public Accounting is designed to comply with State and professional requirements, it provides both the mandated coursework and necessary knowledge to sit for and pass the CPA exam.
• Completion of this program will also reduce the mandated experience requirement for the awarding of the CPA from 2 years to 1 year.
• Close proximity to major financial hubs (New York City; White Plains, NY; Stamford, CT)
• Integrates theory and practice so graduates are able to apply their learning in the classroom and in the office
• Small class size offers students the opportunity to be closely mentored by the faculty
• On Campus trading floor
Advanced Auditing Theory and Practice
Government and Non-Profit Accounting
Federal Income Taxation
Professional Ethics and Fraud Examination
- Trimester schedule
- Three hours, one evening a week
- Entry terms: Fall, winter, spring or summer
- Application deadline: rolling admissions
- Average course load per term: Two 3-credit courses (6 credits)
Average time to complete the degree: 2 years
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended
- Current Résumé
- Two professional letters of recommendation
- GMAT or GRE official score report
Iona’s Hagan School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). As such, its programs, faculty, and administration has been evaluated and approved by some of the world’s top business educators. This assures that what you learn today will be relevant and valuable to businesses, and your future success.
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: Yes
International Financial Aid: Yes
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Large Suburb
Size & Settings: 3,000-5,999