• The Master of Science in Finance requires completion of 51 credits.
• Designed to prepare students for careers in the technical and research functions of a Financial Services organization
• Provide education and training in the technical and research aspects of the Financial Services industry to include quantitative and numerical methods in finance, econometrics, financial modeling, financial engineering, intermediate economics, investment analysis, equity and fixed income securities, derivative securities and risk management and global financial markets and institutions.
Corporate Financial Strategy
Fixed Income Securities
Numerical Methods in Finance
Financial Futures, Options and Swaps
• Students in Iona’s Finance programs enjoy annual field trips each fall to the United Nations, for a presentation by the Department of Economic and Social Development, and a spring field trip to New York City’s Financial District, including a visit to the Federal Reserve Bank and the NYSE.
• Students also benefit from site visits to the workplaces of alumni, have an opportunity to present research at the Finance Department’s Summer Symposium, and can participate in the annual CFA Institute Research Challenge.
- Trimester schedule
- Two hours, one evening a week
- Entry terms: Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer
- Application deadline: rolling admissions
- Average courseload per term: Two 3-credit courses (6 credits)
Average time to complete the degree: 2 ½ years
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended
- Two professional letters of recommendation
Iona’s Hagan School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). As such, its programs, faculty, and administration has been evaluated and approved by some of the world’s top business educators. This assures that what you learn today will be relevant and valuable to businesses, and your future success.
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: Yes
International Financial Aid: Yes
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Large Suburb
Size & Settings: 3,000-5,999