Master of Science
The mission of the MSMB program is to train scientists in the basic mechanisms of human health and disease. The program is interdisciplinary, bringing together basic, applied, and clinical faculty from a number of departments to provide students with individualized, cutting-edge biomedical research training. Research areas encompass a broad range of disciplines including molecular genetics, cell biology, biochemistry, pathophysiology, microbiology, immunology, and infectious diseases. The program offers courses in core subjects, laboratory research techniques, ethical conduct of science, and a graduate seminar course. The primary requirement for the MSMB program is the completion of original research and the publication of a thesis describing that research. The program emphasizes the importance of high quality research and is designed to assist students in fulfilling their potential as research scientists.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will:
• Obtain broad knowledge through courses, laboratory, and the scientific literature in the field of molecular biosciences
• Demonstrate skills to conduct independent original research in a specialized area of molecular biosciences
• Demonstrate the ability to organize and effectively communicate oral and written scientific information
• Develop the skills to be competitive for jobs in academia and industry
• Develop the skills to be competitive for PhD or professional degree programs
The College is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
International Student Requirements:
Official TOEFL or IELTS scores less than two years old; official WES or ECE evaluations of all transcripts submitted from colleges attended outside the United States.
Facts & Figures
International Financial Aid:
# of Credits Required:
Average Cost per Credit (Graduate):
In State Tuition (per year):
Out State Tuition (per year):
Specialized Institution—Other separate health profession school
Size & Settings: