About Adelphi University
Why Choose Adelphi University?With its personalized approach of using hands-on learning, small classes, and innovative ways to support the success of students, Adelphi University could be a perfect place for students who want to learn in an intimate environment rich with cultural opportunities. Plus, the university has fostered many powerful connections, given its proximity to New York City, which offers easy access to professional internships in both Long Island and New York City. Myriad extracurricular and academic programs and a 75-acre campus with some 80 student clubs and organizations help ensure an intellectually stimulating experience.
A Personalized EducationForming the cornerstone of Adelphi University is personalizing education to help students define themselves in the classroom, on campus, and in their career path. The university seeks to do this through an intimate approach to learning by creating an intellectually stimulating environment of research, creativity, and community engagement.
Adelphi Student ExperienceAdelphi University buzzes with clubs, organizations, and events both on an off campus. Adelphi students have some 80 clubs and organizations – multicultural, recreational, and academic. Easy access to New York City and Long Island enables students to attend and participate in a wide range of activities and events.
Student Support ServicesAdelphi University has no shortage for support services for its students. Think career counseling, all-gender restrooms, accessible classrooms, a market, a bookstore, recreation facilities, an underground café, and so much more.
Health, Wellness, and SafetyAdelphi University offers a number of counseling and dieting services that promote healthy living through smart diet choices. As for safety, Adelphi University provides such services as 24-hour foot and vehicle patrol, late night transport/escort service, 24-hour emergency telephones, lighted pathways/sidewalks, and more.
Mission, Vision & Values
Adelphi strives to create an environment that focuses on academic excellence, creativity and innovation, community and collaboration, global awareness and diversity, respect for the individual, and truth and integrity. The university seeks to help students be successful in the classroom, on campus, and beyond.
AdmissionsApplication for Adelphi University programs can be completed online. Application deadlines are in Fall, Spring, and Summer; many programs offer rolling admissions.
- The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is not required for admission into any programs and is not considered in evaluating applications.
- Admissions requirements vary from program to program but most require two letters of recommendation, a personal essay, undergraduate transcripts, and completion of prerequisite courses.
Enrollment, Attendance, Retention Rates and Graduation
Graduate attendance rate of 45% part-time and 55% full-time
For the years 2018-2019 Adelphi University awarded: 26 associates, 1251 bachelor's degrees, 1024 master's degrees, 107 post-master's certificates, 6 doctor's degrees - professional practice, 30 doctor's degrees - research/scholarship
- Regional Accreditation: Adelphi University is regionally accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and by the New York State Education Department.
- Program Accreditation: Adelphi University is accredited for the following programs: Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education; American Psychological Association; American Speech-Language-Hearing Association; National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE); Council on Social Work Education; and The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
- Adelphi University also holds university memberships with Association of American Colleges and Universities, National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities, the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), and others.