Ruth S. Ammon School of Education
Master of Arts in Art Education
Office of University Admissions, Levermore Hall, Room 114
One South Avenue
Garden City, NY 11530
M.A. in Art Education
We immerse artists in specialized studio practice, introduce innovative teaching approaches and classroom art projects, and cultivate the rich connections young people can build across the arts, across other disciplines and across the lifespan. Successful program completion prepares artists to become creative art teachers and leads to eligibility for New York State teaching certification.
WHY SHOULD I ENROLL IN ADELPHI’S M.A. IN ART EDUCATION PROGRAM?
- Hands-on studio exploration, teaching practice and technology-rich media arts resources build your creative teaching voice.
- Convenient evening, blended and online formats, weekend and summer intensive options are available. (Some courses are also offered at the Manhattan campus.)
- Personalized advisement and career planning support, inventive and meaningful course assignments, unique studio offerings and study/teach abroad opportunities are offered.
- Graduates work in a variety of New York City and Long Island schools, museums, studios and community arts settings as educators, teaching artists and arts leaders.
- In addition to certification in visual art, you can pursue special education teacher certification through our advanced certificate programs. In most cases, some course work and student teaching is waived for existing students.
Accreditation:National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: Yes
International Financial Aid: Yes
# of Credits Required: 34
Average Cost per Credit (Graduate): 1050 USD
Classification: Doctoral/Research University—Intensive
Locale: Large Suburb