Post Master Certificates, Master of Arts in TESOL and Master of Science in Bilingual Childhood Special Education
The TESOL and Bilingual Education programs are committed to preparing socially active, dedicated and professionally involved teachers and related support professionals to meet the needs of diverse communities. It combines theory, practice, and understandings that are intertwined with an awareness and sensitivity of gender, race, faith, class and ability in P-12 school age children.
WHY SHOULD I ENROLL IN ADELPHI’S TESOL OR BILINGUAL EDUCATION PROGRAMS?
The TESOL program leads to TESOL certification (Pre-K to grade 12). A Master’s degree in TESOL will also provide opportunities to travel the world teaching English or teach English in a private or Community College. The TESOL M.A. non-certification track was designed for either international students or candidates preparing to teach adults or on programs where Certification is not required.
Bilingual Education Post Master’s program leads to bilingual extensions for both certified teachers and pupil personnel service providers. The Bilingual Childhood Special Education Tri-Certification program (grades 1-6) was designed for career changers or those wishing to become certified in all three areas to meet the shortage of certified teachers.
WHAT PROGRAMS OF STUDY ARE AVAILABLE IN TESOL/BILINGUAL EDUCATION
TESOL and Bilingual Education courses are offered at both the Garden City, Long Island campus and the Manhattan Center, located in downtown Manhattan. Students have opportunities to follow flexible program schedules with two hybrid format courses and one course offered entirely online. Courses in Garden City meet on weekday afternoons and evenings and the Manhattan Center’s Saturday courses meet on 8-week cycles.
- M.A. in TESOL leading to P-12 Certification
- M.A. in TESOL Non-Certification Track
- M.S. in Bilingual Childhood Special Education (Triple Certification program)
- TESOL S.T.E.P (Five-Year) B.A./ B.S. and M.A. program
- Post Master’s Advanced Certificate in TESOL
- Post Master’s Advanced Certificate Bilingual Education Extension
- Post Master’s Certificate Program in Bilingual School Social Work
- Bilingual Extension for Teachers of Students with Speech and Language Disabilities (TSSLD)