The Path to a better future is right in front of you
The Path to a better future is one click away...
Click Visit Site below to get information from this school
School of Arts and Sciences
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
Graduate Certificate, Master of Arts in Religion
The Religion Master’s Degree and Certificate Programs at Rutgers University offers students an innovative program in the study of religion. Our distinguished faculty specialize in the following areas:
• Buddhist Studies
• Judaic and Christian Studies
• Religions in America
• Religion and Conflict
• Contemplative Studies
This program is designed for:
• Students looking for a “bridge” M.A. program to increase their prospects for future admission to leading Ph.D. programs
• Current and prospective teachers
• Students preparing for professional careers in fields such as law, social work, journalism, counseling, medicine, civil service, politics, and the ministry
• Yoga teachers and devotees
• Students seeking personal enrichment
Centered at the New Brunswick campus of Rutgers University, this master’s degree draws on the strength of a distinguished faculty that specializes in many of the world's major religious traditions, such as Buddhism, Judaism and Christianity, Hinduism, Islam and American Religions. This program addresses several pressing needs of our post-9/11 world in critically studying core components of religion, from its most sublime aspects, such as contemplation, to its most horrifying aspects, such as violence, across historical and cultural boundaries. Students examine the historical genealogies of these components as well as their contemporary reincarnations within the context of religious modernity and secularism.
• Strength of Scholarship. M.A. students benefit greatly from access to the resources of a major public research institution and the rich intellectual life on campus.
• Small Classes. Enable extensive and personal interaction between faculty and students.
• Flexibility. Late afternoon and evening classes make it possible for working professionals to pursue their responsibilities while they complete an advanced degree, either full- or part-time.
• Accessibility. With easy access to the Turnpike and NJ Transit, the program is available to students from throughout New Jersey and beyond.
• Educational Value. Students in the program have the opportunity to participate in capstone courses and final projects tailored to each graduate’s teaching needs.
Financial Aid: No
International Financial Aid: No
# of Credits Required: 30
Average Cost per Credit (Graduate): 702 USD
In State Tuition (per year): 8424 USD
Out State Tuition (per year): 14328 USD
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Small City