Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
42 E. Laurel Road
UDP, Suite 2200
Stratford, NJ 08084
The Master of Science in Molecular Pathology and Immunology (MSMPI) program is a 17-month, interactive learning experience that combines traditional classroom instruction with hands-on experience at the region’s largest biotechnology consortium, the Genesis Biotechnology Group (GBG). Students will enroll in 3 core courses and complete two lab rotations in the first semester of study. Students will have a choice of several laboratories at GBG to perform their thesis project. By the second semester, they will begin their thesis work, enroll in the last core course and dive into skill-building courses. As part of your degree, you will have the opportunity to work on real-life science problems, such as finding new ways to diagnose diseases and doing research to find novel treatments for disease. GBG laboratories available for rotations and thesis research in the MSMPI Program:
• The Institute for Biomarker Research. The Institute focuses on creating advances, clinically-actionable solutions to aid physicians in diagnosing and treating genetic diseases and cancers.
• Femeris, Women’s Health Research Center. Research in Femeris is dedicated to discovery and development of diagnostic and therapeutic targets in obstetric and gynecologic infections.
• Oncoveda, Cancer Research Center. Research in Oncoveda focuses on novel urogenital cancer diagnostics and target validation to develop cancer therapeutics.
• The Institute for Metabolic Disorders. Research in the Institute focuses on finding novel ways to treat type-II diabetes, atherosclerosis, hyperlipidemia and obesity.
• Venenum Biodesign LLC. Venenum studies the initial steps of drug invention, then develops and partners new drug candidates to bring them to patients.
No other degree program will provide you with the opportunity to gain hands-on research experience at a biotechnology company – experience that gives you an advantage in today’s competitive employment environment.
Financial Aid: Yes
International Financial Aid: Yes
# of Credits Required: 30
Classification: Doctoral/Research University—Intensive
Locale: Small Suburb
Size & Settings: 10,000-19,999