Master of Science in Nursing, Nursing Education Certificate; Nursing Information Systems Certificate; Adult Nurse Practitioner Certificate
The graduate curriculum in nursing is designed to serve those who desire to study advanced nursing rooted in explicit nursing knowledge as a guide to various roles.
The Master of Science in Nursing Program prepares individuals as adult, family, and psychiatric/mental health nurse practitioners, forensic specialists, clinical nurse leaders, nurse educators,nurse administrators and nurse information system specialists.
Advanced scholarship takes place within the context of nursing as a discipline and profession and is the guiding theme of all activities encompassed within the learning environment.
Individuals holding an MSN degree may earn a Post-Master’s Certificate in Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner, Family Nurse Practitioner, Family Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Educator and Nursing Information Systems.
This program is offered under the auspices of the Henry P. Becton School of Nursing and Allied Health, University College: Arts • Sciences • Professional Studies, Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck, New Jersey.
This program is accrediated by Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Graduation from an accredited BSN program
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
- NJ Registered Nurse licensure
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- A course in health assessment is required for all nurse practitioner tracks and strongly recommended for non clinical tracks
- Personal interview may be required
- A minimum of 1 year clinical nursing experience is required
- Adult Gerontology Nurse Practitioner (30 credits)
- Adult Gerontology Nurse Practitioner - Administrative or Education focus (39 credits)
- Family Nurse Practitioner (37 credits)
- Adult Gerontology Forensic Nurse Practitioner (42 credits)
- Family Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (42 credits)
- Nurse Educator (33 credits)
- Nursing Information Systems (32 credits)
- Nursing Administration (33 credits)
Post Master’s Certificate Programs
Individuals holding an MSN degree may earn a Post-Master’s Certificate in the following:
Adult Gerontology Nurse Practitioner – 24 Credits
Family Nurse Practitioner- 24 Credits
Family Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner- 24 Credits
Nursing Education- 24 Credits
Nursing Information Systems -24 Credits
Fairleigh Dickinson University is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.