Fairleigh Dickinson University
University College - Metropolitan Campus
Master of Science Chemistry (Florham Campus)
1000 River Road T-KB1-01
Teaneck, NJ 07940
Master of Science Chemistry
The Master of Science in chemistry provides training for those who wish to advance their careers in research, industry, government service or teaching. In addition to advancing students toward a doctoral program, the program also provides courses of interest to industrial chemists who already may hold advanced degrees. In addition to full-time faculty, the department of chemistry draws part-time faculty from local industries, allowing a broader range of offerings.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university.
- Satisfactory completion of a minimum of 24 credits in undergraduate chemistry with laboratory work, including physical and organic chemistry, a working knowledge of calculus and one year of physics with laboratory.
- Submission of an official score report for the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test taken within the last five years. (The GRE requirement is waived for applicants who have completed a master's degree.)
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Applicants who have not completed all requirements for admission to the degree program may be permitted to enroll in classes for credit on a nonmatriculated or nondegree basis.
Accreditation:Fairleigh Dickinson University is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: No
International Financial Aid: No
# of Credits Required: 32
Average Cost per Credit (Graduate): $1154.00 USD
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Large Suburb
Size & Settings: 6,000-9,999