Master of Public Health
- Public Health is an interdisciplinary field in the practice and science of protecting and improving the health of families and communities—answering needs on local, national and global levels. Professionals implement intervention programs, recommend policies, administer services, and conduct studies.
- Our Master of Public Health (MPH) is a comprehensive, interdisciplinary program, providing students with the knowledge and skills to protect and improve family and community health. Students develop the leadership, critical thinking, and research capabilities to pursue a range of public health career options.
- To accommodate working professionals and real-life demands, most classes are scheduled in a 3-hour block of time during the evening. Some courses available hybrid (online/on-site).
- 3 Tracks of Concentration to choose from:
- Precision Health — Focusing on the application of emerging informatics and technology to foster the integration of health with fields like engineering, computer science and business innovation.
- Health Communication — Exploring innovative ways to motivate healthy behavior and reduce health risk via institutions and agencies throughout the nation.
- Global Health — Concentrating on the impact of culture, social structure, economics and politics on the health and illness, health disparities and public health policies worldwide.
- All TCNJ MPH courses are 3 credits, except the Capstone (6 credits)
There are two options to complete the MPH program
- 1. MPH 2-Year Program (45 credits)
• Completed in 2 years with full-time study or 4 to 5 years with part-time study (2 courses per semester)
• Evening classes
• Customize your studies according to your track
• Be part of a diverse and inspiring community
- 2. MPH 4+1 Program (45 credits)
• Designed for TCNJ current undergraduate students
• Completion of Bachelor and Master’s degrees in 5 years
• Apply in the Junior year
- Take 5 MPH courses (15 credits) as an undergraduate Complete remaining 30 credits in the summer, fall, spring and summer semesters
- Capstone Internship is completed in 2 parts (final Spring and Summer before Graduation)
o The MPH program is designed to meet the accreditation requirements of the Council for Education in Public Health and to be consistent with the Public Health Accreditation Board. CEPH accreditation provides guidelines, benchmarks and mentorship to MPH programs including detailed student competencies. In general, specialized accreditation attests to the quality of an educational program that prepares students for entry into a recognized profession and is an asset for recruitment of both faculty and students. The TCNJ MPH curriculum already includes courses geared to meet CEPH guideline. We are in the process to meet or exceed accreditation standards. This Process includes a year for the program to be established, two years of self-study, and a 1-2 probationary year where site visits and program data are reviewed. Once standards are met, accreditation applies through to the initial year of the program.
International Student Requirements:
o In addition to the standard supplemental documents required for admission application, international applicants must have score reports submitted for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) if their native language is not English and must complete the International Student Admissions Handbook for F-1 Students, including an Affidavit of Financial Support.
Furthermore, all students who attended a non-U.S. institution must have their educational documents translated into English and evaluated on a course-by-course basis by an accredited agency as to the U.S. equivalency of their course work. An I-20 cannot be issued until after the student is officially admitted to The College. For more information, including required forms, please visit the International Student Services Web site.
Facts & Figures
# of Credits Required:
45 credits (14 classes)
Average Cost per Credit (Graduate):
$771.5 (In State rate) USD
In State Tuition (per year):
$13,887 (Full time or 18 credits per year) USD
Out State Tuition (per year):
$21,436 (Full time or 18 credits per year) USD
Master's College or University I
Size & Settings: