Principal Certification, Post-Masters Certificate, Principal Certification / Foundations of Education, MEd
Antioch University New England (AUNE) offers either a Teacher Education MEd with Principal Certification or a Post- Master's Certificate in Principal Certification. Visit our website for details.
Why Principal Certification?
Have you been thinking of moving into a school leadership role? Small and rural schools are looking for passionate educators who want to become transformational leaders. Examine administrative models that respect teacher professionalism, inspire creativity and innovation, and provide rich and powerful learning experiences for students. Learn how to re-craft existing systems of instruction and assessment to emphasize more authentic, higher level learning, while attending to the specific needs of each child. Explore the ethical, legal, financial and human resource dimensions of school leadership.
Details on AUNE's Teacher Education MEd with Principal Certification program
The education leadership programs at Antioch University New England reflect AUNE’s forty-five year educational philosophy that the developmental and learning needs of children should lie at the heart of educational endeavors and that schools should be structured and run in a humanistic and democratic manner in order to serve these students.
We believe adults in a school must work collaboratively with each other and the broader community to meet the needs of the children in their charge so that all children have an opportunity to reach their highest potential. Our dedication to equity in education means that part of this charge is knowing that we must have a fierce and tireless commitment to reducing the predictive value of any demographic or individual barriers to school success for all of the students within our scope of responsibility.
The goals of the educational leadership programs are aligned with New Hampshire state standards and the ISSLC standards for school leaders. These include:
- Setting a widely shared vision for learning.
- Developing a school culture and instructional program conducive to student learning and staff professional growth.
- Ensuring effective management of the organization, operation and resources for a safe, efficient and effective learning environment.
- Collaborating with faculty and community members, responding to diverse community interests and needs, and mobilizing community resources.
- Acting with integrity, fairness and in an ethical manner.
- Understanding, responding to, and influencing the political, social, legal and cultural contexts.
- Begins in January or July
- Six-semester, 33-credit program
- Face-to-face classes at AUNE in the summer
- Courses on campus for two weeks in July during both summers
- Online courses during the fall and spring support practicum work in your school
Antioch University, and therefore New England, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association. All degree programs are also approved by the New Hampshire Postsecondary Commission.
Facts & Figures
International Financial Aid:
# of Credits Required:
Average Cost per Credit (Graduate):
Master's College or University I
Size & Settings: