University of Missouri - Kansas City
Henry W Bloch School of Management
IPh.D. in Entrepreneurship and Innovation
IPhD in Entrepreneurship and Innovation, MBA with emphasis in Entrepreneurship and Innovation
The Institute pairs individuals with world-renowned faculty in a rigorous program that prepares students for top-level positions in teaching and researching institutions.
IEI has established a research agenda that focuses on the
ways in which entrepreneurs develop, lead and transform
today’s dynamic global businesses.
The program encourages doctoral students to design individual research
programs with faculty members. You may:
* assess the values and risks of emerging technologies;
* investigate effective techniques for market opportunity analysis;
* identify new venture opportunities in high-tech industries;
* examine the success and failure factors of high-tech start-up firms;
* explore the links between entrepreneurship, government policy,innovation, economic development and global competitiveness;
* investigate entrepreneurial risk taking;
* develop models for improving new venture success.
“I chose UMKC to pursue my PhD studies because
of its deliberate focus on entrepreneurship and
innovation. I could not have found a better fit.”
Luis Morales, doctoral student
Students in the entrepreneurship program take coursework in entrepreneurship theory and research methods and are required to participate in strong teaching effectiveness programs. As part of this interdisciplinary PhD program, students will also explore a co-discipline in one of 27 different areas. They submit papers to national research
conferences and top referred academic journals yearly, giving them the experience and credentials needed to compete for top-level jobs at major universities.
All admitted students receive financial support through tuition waiver and $15,000 stipend for each year, in
addition to a research incentive of $3,000.
The Bloch School is accredited by AACSB International, which accredits business schools.
Facts & Figures
Size & Settings: