Individuals in this program can obtain their certification at the Secondary or Middle School levels as well as in K-12 certification exploratory areas or in Special Education.
All school children deserve quality teachers who enjoy teaching.
To produce high quality teachers for both urban and rural classrooms.
- Meets Missouri certification requirements
- Includes some graduate credit
- Offers classes in Maryville, Liberty (Kansas City Center), via Interactive Television to certain sites, and online
- Meets one night per week in the first year
- Is designed for a working teacher
Explore our site and call 816.364.5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions. We hope to hear from you.
Northwest is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Northwest has been an AQIP institution since 2005, and served as a pilot institution in the development of AQIP in the late 1990s.
In addition to being accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, Northwest programs are accredited by:
• Accreditation Council of Business Schools and Programs(ACBSP)
• Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)
• Council for the Accreditation for Parks, Recreation, Tourism& Related Professions (COAPRT)
• Council for the Accreditation of the American Association ofFamily and Consumer Sciences (AAFCS)
• Missouri State Board of Education
• National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
• National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
• National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
Facts & Figures
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Distant Town
Size & Settings: 6,000-9,999