University of St. Thomas (MN)
The Saint Paul Seminary School of Divinity
Master of Arts in Religious Education
M.A.- Religious Education
The M.A. in Religious Education is a 42-credit program which provides an integrated approach to the professional and spiritual development of those serving the Church in administering or teaching religious education programs in schools and parishes.
The M.A.R.E. degree has the following goals:
- To provide professional and spiritual development and support for those involved in the educational ministries of the Church;
- To promote a deeper understanding of the Church's educational mission.
- An application form with nonrefundable application fee
- An official transcript sent directly from an accredited college or university indicating an earned bachelor's degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Official transcripts of all college and previous graduate work sent directly from the academic institution(s)
- The Miller Analogies Test scores (taken within the last 18 months)
- Three letters of recommendation from a supervisor, a colleague and a person of the applicant's choice
- An interview with the Admissions Committee
Core Content Courses
DVDT 530 Nature and Mission of the Church (3 cr.)
DVDT 561 Christian Theology of God and the Human Person (3 cr.)
DVMT 602 Fundamentals of Moral Theology and Catholic Social Teaching (3 cr.)
DVPT 510 Theology of Pastoral Ministry (3 cr.)
DVPT 605 Canon and Civil Law for Pastoral Ministry (3 cr.)
The Saint Paul Seminary School of Divinity of the University of St. Thomas is accredited by The North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, and The Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada.
Facts & Figures
Size & Settings: