St. Cloud State University
College of Fine Arts and Humanities
M.S. in Mass Communication.
The Strategic Media Communications program builds on the broad knowledge and critical skills you have already developed as a liberal arts or social sciences major. It provides you with specialized professional skills designed to prepare you for leadership positions in strategic media communications in a wide range of industries. It features a balanced blend of courses in multimedia technology, media convergence, advertising, public relations, integrated strategic communications, research methods, theory, ethics, and international communication to give you a visible professional edge in today's communications-driven global society.
- Program focuses on a balance between skills training and theory.
- Provides students with professional skills that give them a visible edge in the job market and makes them an indispensable asset to any business, organization, or institution.
- Students develop expertise in public relations, advertising, social media and campaign planning and execution.
- Students expand their horizons as socially responsible members of the global society.
- Designed to accommodate full-time or part-time students.
- Graduate assistantships and internships available.
Nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication (ACEJMC).
International Student Requirements:
TOEFL computer based-207.
TOEFL internet based-76.
TOEFL paper based-540.
Financial documentation showing the student ability to cover the cost of study.
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: Yes
International Financial Aid: Yes
# of Credits Required: 36-38
Average Cost per Credit (Graduate): 344.74 resident/538.86 non-resident USD
In State Tuition (per year): 9170 USD
Out State Tuition (per year): 13829 USD
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Small City
Size & Settings: 10,000-19,999