Master of Science Information Assurance.
This comprehensive, interdisciplinary program will prepare you as an expert in information assurance. You will be equipped with information security technologies and knowledge to support and protect the nation's information infrastructure and conduct advanced research. You will develop skills in both management and technical areas.
- Students are eligible to apply for the Scholarship for Service scholarship from the National Science Foundation that includes a $34,000 stipend per year for up to two years, up to 24 credits of tuition per year, up to $2,000 for books and supplies per year, and up to $4,000 for professional development and travel to a cybersecurity job fair. Click here for details.
- Offered as a five year undergraduate/graduate combined program through the Information Systems Track.
- Can be completed in 2-3 semesters
- Graduate assistantships available.
- Pre-requisite courses are available for those without a strong computing background.
- Offered through the Department of Information Systems together with the Department of Computer Science and Information Technology.
- Five-year track students are eligible to apply for one of 45 National Science Foundation STEM scholarships, a two-year grant that includes a $12,000 stipend.
International Student Requirements:
In addition to submitting an application, application fee, GRE/GMAT scores if required by program, and 3 letters of recommendation, international students must also submit scores from a language admission exam and financial documentation stating that the student can cover the cost of graduate study. Qualifying language admission exams and required scores are as follows:
TOEFL: 213 on the computer exam, 550 on the paper exam or 79 on the iBT with no subscore under 17;
Michigan Placement Test: 80;
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: Yes
International Financial Aid: Yes
# of Credits Required: 30-33
Average Cost per Credit (Graduate): 344.74 resident/538.86 non-resident USD
In State Tuition (per year): 9170 USD
Out State Tuition (per year): 13829 USD
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Small City
Size & Settings: 10,000-19,999