St. Cloud State University
College of Social Sciences
History - Public History
M.A. - History: Public History.
The graduate program in Public History will prepare you for a wide selection of careers in the public or private sector. In addition to developing broad expertise in historical research and interpretation, you will work with professionals in the field to learn an array of techniques to engagingly communicate sophisticated ideas and complex historical events to public audiences.
- The singular degree-granting graduate program in Public History in Minnesota and surrounding states.
- Designed for both full- and part-time students.
- 5-7 graduate assistantships sponsored each year.
- Opportunity to develop multifaceted exhibits.
- Opportunities to collaborate with the Minnesota Historical Society including paid internships with Minnesota historic sites.
- Faculty and students are conducting an oral history project to document the experiences of new immigrants to Minnesota.
- Opportunities to study abroad.
International Student Requirements:
In addition to submitting an application, application fee, GRE/GMAT scores if required by program, and 3 letters of recommendation, international students must also submit scores from a language admission exam and financial documentation showing availability of funds for graduate study. Qualifying language admission exams and required scores are as follows:
TOEFL: 550 on the paper exam or 79 on the iBT with no subscore under 17;
Michigan Placement Test: 80;
Facts & Figures
International Financial Aid:
# of Credits Required:
Average Cost per Credit (Graduate):
344.74 resident/538.86 non-resident USD
In State Tuition (per year):
Out State Tuition (per year):
Master's College or University I
Size & Settings: