St. Cloud State University
College of Social Sciences
St. Cloud State UniversitySchool of Graduate Studies720 Fourth Avenue South
Stewart Hall 257
Saint Cloud, MN 56301
As a student of History, you'll learn to objectively analyze the past and apply your knowledge in a variety of contexts. You will choose from courses that deal with many of the world's civilizations, nations and peoples. You will focus on teaching, researching and writing. You will choose between a Master of Art or a Master of Science depending on your career interests in the history field.
- Designed for both full- and part-time students.
- 5-7 graduate assistantships sponsored each year.
- Study abroad opportunities available.
- Graduates who seek a doctorate have been accepted to Ph.D. programs throughout the country.
- Master of Arts in History, Plan A (Thesis): 30 credits with a final oral exam based on the thesis.
- Master of Arts in History, Plan B (Starred Paper): 33 credits with a final oral exam based on the starred paper.
- Master of Science in History (Teaching), Plan B (Written Comprehensive): 33 credits with a written comprehensive examination.
International Student Requirements:In addition to submitting an application, application fee, GRE/GMAT scores if required by program, and 3 letters of recommendation, international students must also submit scores from a language admission exam and financial documentation stating that the student has $17,000 USD in support of graduate study. Qualifying language admission exams and required scores are as follows: TOEFL: 550 on the paper exam or 79 on the iBT with no subscore under 17; Michigan Placement Test: 80; IELTS: 6.5.
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: Yes
International Financial Aid: Yes
# of Credits Required: 36
Average Cost per Credit (Graduate): 344.74 resident/538.86 non-resident USD
In State Tuition (per year): 9170 USD
Out State Tuition (per year): 13829 USD
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Small City
Size & Settings: 10,000-19,999