As a doctoral student of Higher Education Administration you will be prepared for advanced leadership positions in a diverse array of post-secondary institutions in academic, student and administrative affairs. You will be prepared to lead your institution in a 21st century learning environment by a program that infuses globalization and internationalization into the curriculum. Your dissertation research project will explore a topic you are passionate about and is appropriate for your field.
- Uses a cohort approach to help students build a professional network.
- The practitioner-focused curriculum provides scholarly coursework and practical experiences you can apply immediately in your career.
- Uses a six-weekend (Friday evening and Saturday) course delivery per semester to allow you to balance your learning with your career and family.
- Students have an optional course to study abroad in Italy.
- Offers job placement and career promotion assistance.
- Almost all Higher Education students without a job receive experience and financial assistance as graduate assistants.
- Coursework may be completed in eight semesters with a minimum of one additional year for the doctoral dissertation.
- Students have varied experiences and backgrounds. Students come from across the world and many commute to campus.
- 50 percent of doctoral students are 40 or older, 61 percent are women and 36 percent are students of color.
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Facts & Figures
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Small City
Size & Settings: 10,000-19,999