St. Cloud State University
College of Social Sciences
St. Cloud State UniversitySchool of Graduate Studies720 Fourth Avenue South
Stewart Hall 257
Saint Cloud, MN 56301
M.S. - Gerontology., Graduate Certificate - Gerontology. 12-15 Credits
As a student in Gerontology, you will develop the skills necessary to assume a professional leadership role in the delivery of service to older people. You will be learning in a program that brings together theory and practice in the field through classroom instruction, service-learning, internships and other experiential activities.
- Designed to accommodate both part-time and full-time students.
- Many service learning and internship opportunities available.
- Most classes feature a service learning option or requirement.
- The advance care planning facilitators certification class is co-taught with the Department of Nursing Science.
- Students become certified advanced care planning facilitators.
- Program offers a graduate certificate in gerontology.
International Student Requirements:In addition to submitting an application, application fee, GRE/GMAT scores if required by program, and 3 letters of recommendation, international students must also submit scores from a language admission exam and financial documentation showing availability of funds for graduate study. Qualifying language admission exams and required scores are as follows: TOEFL: 550 on the paper exam or 79 on the iBT with no subscore under 17; Michigan Placement Test: 80; IELTS: 6.5.
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: Yes
International Financial Aid: Yes
# of Credits Required: 34-36
Average Cost per Credit (Graduate): 344.74 resident/538.86 non-resident USD
In State Tuition (per year): 9170 USD
Out State Tuition (per year): 13829 USD
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Small City
Size & Settings: 10,000-19,999