The geography program will prepare you for a career focusing on tourism and its relationship to a place. Your classes will focus on sustainable development, eco-tourism and research as you prepare to present your findings. You’ll have the opportunity to pick electives that match your career goals where you can pick between courses in tourism development, land use, GIS, community heritage, regional and environmental planning and community development.
- Two graduate assistantship positions sponsored each year.
- Emphasis and graduate certificate also available in Geographic Information Science (GIS).
- Small class sizes with professors dedicated to one-on-one mentoring.
- Classroom leadership opportunities.
- Opportunity to study abroad including research opportunities in countries such as Russia and China.
- State-of-the-art Geographic Information Systems lab.