Education Administration-(Principal, Superintendent, Director of SPED, 6th Year Certificate)
The Educational Administration and Leadership graduate program offers a post-master's graduate certificate that can lead to three administrative licensures —
- K-12 school principal
- Special education director
- Superintendent of schools
No matter which licensure you are pursuing, you will receive training in a core of professional leadership courses and academic experiences appropriate to your program. All three programs include coursework leading to eligibility for administrative licensure. Coursework is competency-based to meet Minnesota state requirements in licensure.
- All three certificate programs are available on campus and at St. Cloud State at Plymouth.
- Students may pursue multiple licenses at one time.
- Coursework offered at weekdays, weekends and during the summer to accommodate working professionals.
- Certificate completion in one year: 30 credit program.
- Specialist students complete 36 credits and a research study to earn the Ed.S.
- Twenty-seven credits of the Specialist degree can be completed at St. Cloud State at Plymouth and 9 credits of research are completed in St. Cloud.
- Continue your education with a doctorate in Educational Administration and Leadership.
National Council for Accreditation and Teacher Education (NCATE)
Minnesota Board of School Administrators
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: No
International Financial Aid: No
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Small City
Size & Settings: 10,000-19,999