Saint Mary's University of Minnesota
About Saint Mary's University of Minnesota
Why Consider Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota?Saint Mary’s offers a variety of graduate and doctoral programs in business and technology, health and human services, and education to help you take the next step in your career. Courses are instructed by a faculty of dedicated practitioners and scholars. Saint Mary’s University offers graduate and professional degrees and certificates to students looking for convenient, affordable, transformational education. The school offers full- and part-time programs on evenings, weekends, and online, with start-dates throughout the year. Students at St. Mary’s University receive mentoring and support from faculty, and students are challenged to push themselves academically, personally, and professionally. Here are some other reasons to consider pursuing a graduate degree at St. Mary’s University:
Entirely Online or Hybrid EducationSt. Mary’s University works with non-traditional students and respects their needs for convenient, flexible education. Therefore, it offers graduate degree entirely online with plenty of faculty, peer, and technological support to help students succeed. At the same time, the school knows that sometimes there is no substitution for in-person interaction. Hybrid programs—programs that blend online and on-campus learning—give students opportunities to blend flexible courses with structured, in-person ones. At St. Mary’s University, students with obligations outside the classroom can design a program that best fits their needs.
Focus on Practical, Hands-on Learning ExperiencesSt. Mary’s University blends the theoretical with the practical. It understands that learning how to apply knowledge and skills is just as important as gaining them in the first place. Therefore, alongside studies in history, theory, and context, St. Mary’s offers studies and practice in practical application. In addition, program internships or opportunities discovered through the school’s Career Services and Internships help students apply what their learning on-the-job and in the world outside of the classroom.
Community Learning and SupportAt St. Mary’s University, faculty, staff, and students come together to become allies on the journey through education and into the world offline or off-campus. Classrooms, even the ones online, are relationship-driven and person-centered. Through inquiry and community discussion and interaction, students discover truths in the world around them and their own unique character. They also develop their skills to connect with and contribute to one another. St. Mary’s strives to support students in being people who act with integrity and contribute to their classmates, instructors, and communities.
Faith-based EducationSt. Mary’s University accepts students of all faiths, but grounds its work in the Lasallian Catholic tradition. The school’s core principles include: Respect for all Persons, and honoring and respecting all individuals. Quality Education, and thinking critically while examining the world through a lens of light and faith. Inclusive Community, and celebrating and welcoming all members of the community. Concern for the Poor and Social Justice, and standing in solidarity with the marginalized and advocating for those suffering from injustices. And Faith in the Presence of God, and believing in the living presence of God in classmates, communities, and the world.
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota RanksIn 2018, U.S. News ranked St. Mary’s University MN #47 (tie) in Regional Universities Midwest, #29 in Best Colleges for Veterans, and #34 in Best Values Schools. St. Mary’s graduate-level Nursing-Anesthesia program ranked #43.
Mission, Vision and Values
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota embraces the Lasallian Catholic heritage and strives to awaken, nurture, and empower learners to live ethical lives of leadership and service. Providing transformational and innovative education are at the forefront of the school’s intentions, and St. Mary’s University hopes to make learners lifelong learners, successful workers, good neighbors, and overall ethical citizens.
Admissions:Online and on-campus applicants follow slightly different paths to apply. However, we can give you general information on what you’ll need to submit to apply to St. Mary’s University of Minnesota:
- An online application form
- An nonrefundable application fee of $25
- Official transcripts showing your GPA and evidence of having earned a bachelor’s degree from an accredited school
- Extra documents, such as a personal statement, resume, letters of recommendation, and other documents required by your specific program
- Special Learning Opportunities: Undergrad Distance, Grad Distance
- Credit Accepted: Dual credit, Credit for life experiences, Credit For Military, Advanced placement(AP) credits
- Carnegie Classification: Master's Colleges and Universities (larger programs)
- Religious Affiliation: Roman Catholic
- There are 461 full-time faculty
- 469 Part-time instructional faculty
- Study Abroad Services
- Weekend Evening College Services
- Remedial Services
- Academic Career Counseling Services
- Library Services
Enrollment, Attendance, Retention Rates and Graduation
Graduate attendance rate of 35% part-time and 65% full-time
For the years 2018-2019 Saint Mary's University of Minnesota awarded: 327 bachelor's degrees, 1299 master's degrees, 47 post-master's certificates, 9 doctor's degrees - professional practice, 21 doctor's degrees - research/scholarship
- The Commission on Accreditation of the American Psychological Association
- The Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education
- The Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs
- The Global Accreditation Center of the Project Management Institute
- The International Accreditation Council for Business Education
- Saint Mary's University of Minnesota: Online
- Saint Mary's University of Minnesota: Rochester, MN1926 Collegeview Drive S.E., Rochester, MN, 55904
- Saint Mary's University of Minnesota: Winona, MN700 Terrace Heights #77, 2500 Park Ave, Winona, MN, 55987
- Saint Mary's University of Minnesota: Minneapolis, MNRochester Center, 2500 Park Ave, Minneapolis, MN, 55404
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota Program Highlights: Online Educational Leadership ProgramsEducational leadership programs help students build on their existing educational expertise and develop leadership and management skills to apply on-the-job and in real-world scenarios. By analyzing and discussing theories of leadership and education and cultivating abilities to communicate verbally, technically, and by writing, students learn how to act as visionaries, implementers, and leaders in their field. St. Mary University’s online program in educational leadership:
- Can be completed in less than two years
- Focuses on transformation and change and what it takes to be an effective leader
- Offers an evolving curriculum that provides current and relevant courses for developing appropriate management, training, and research skills
- Offers students a variety of skills, such as: facilitating educational programs, designing curricula, performing and applying action research, resolving conflict, promoting change, rallying political support, using intercultural communication to promote learning and student welfare
- Provides online students with immense course and technological support to make learning meaningful, convenient, and successful