Graduate School of Education
1926 Collegeview Drive S.E.
Rochester, MN 55904
Ed.D. in Leadership
Saint Mary's University of Minnesota's Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Leadership degree is for those passionate about the intersection of leadership and scholarship. Available online or on campus, this practitioner-based program prepares you to take that next step in your career, and explore innovative ways to manage people, lead departments, and serve as an executive in education, healthcare, business, nonprofits, and more.
Our Ed.D. degree differs from a Ph.D. in that blends research with practicality and focuses on the practitioner. It provides you with a diverse learning environment that encourages collaboration and conversations to better improve your own leadership and communication styles.
Ed.D. in Leadership Program Highlights
· Practitioner-Based Curriculum: Learn from education and organization professionals with years of industry experience and connect the dots between theory and real-world issues to make sound decisions that move your organization forward.
· In-Person and Online Program Modality: No matter your personal schedule, you can find the time to get your Ed.D. and collaborate with your professors and peers.
· Research Areas You're Passionate About: You have the opportunity to explore your passions through research and reflection alongside highly regarded scholar-practitioners.
· Graduate in Four Years: Complete your coursework, comprehensive exam, and dissertation in four years, but have up to eight years if needed.
· Successfully Lead in Today's World: Design change management strategies to operate in complex, global environments, and engage others with justice, empathy, and compassion.
Saint Mary's Ed.D. program can prepare you to lead in a variety of fields—education, healthcare, corporations, nonprofits, and more. As a graduate, you're prepared to manage people, lead departments, and serve as a top-level executive. Overall employment for top executives is projected to grow 8 percent from 2016 to 2026, about as fast as the average for all occupations.* Employment growth will vary by occupation and industry, with a median salary of $183,270 for chief executives and $100,410 for general or operations managers. (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
If you would like to learn more about Saint Mary's online Doctor of Education in Leadership degree program, complete the form to request more information.
Financial Aid: No
International Financial Aid: No
Classification: Master's College or University I
Loans Offered: Applicants may apply for loans by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). FAFSA Code: 002380
Locale: Distant Town
Size & Settings: 0-999