The Path to a better future is right in front of you
2500 Park Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55404
Master of Public Health
Saint Mary's mission of serving the underserved and improving well-being comes to life in our Master of Public Health program. This two-year degree prepares you for success as a public health practitioner.
You'll experience a curriculum shaped by public health experts, learn directly from instructors who are practicing on the front lines of this field, and perform specialized, in-depth fieldwork in a variety of real-world environments.
Embrace life-changing work in public health and promote wellness worldwide.
• Learning Format: On campus
• Time to Complete: Two years
• Total Courses and Credits: 14 courses, 42 credits
• Common Jobs: Epidemiologist, Environmental Scientist, Health Educator, Dietician and Nutritionist, Biostatistician
• Total Estimated Cost: $27,300 ($650 per credit)
• GRE score not required for application
• Shaped by public health experts. Public health professionals contributed to this master's curriculum to ensure it's as impactful to new public health practitioners as possible. You'll benefit from their decades of experience.
• Lead in the field. The MPH curriculum is built on more than just theory; it ties social justice, health equity, and leadership together to set you up for success. You'll graduate prepared to break boundaries and lead within the field of public health.
• Practitioner instructors. You'll work side by side with instructors who are doing everyday work in public health. They'll ensure your success and pass on their most up-to-date and relevant insights from the field.
• Specialized field experience. Go beyond the classroom with fieldwork in your community, from epidemiology to biostatistics and mental health. You'll select an organization in need of your skills and knowledge, tackle a pressing public health issue, and learn to practice in a real-world environment.
• Aligned with public health standards. This program was designed according to nationwide standards for public health instruction. You're ensured a high-quality education that prepares you for success in this important field.
• Lasallian mission. Saint Mary's is a Lasallian Catholic University with more than 100 years of history and a mission based on quality education, community enrichment, and respect for all.
As a graduate of this program, you'll be able to:
1. Define the presence of a community or potential community and its subgroups to ensure appropriate place-based public health initiatives.
2. Promote health equity through culturally competent, community-level communication and engagement plans.
3. Integrate public health behavior change theories, interventions, and strategies into community engagement, organizing, and outreach.
4. Use critical thinking to evaluate, analyze, and report community-level behavior and health change as it pertains to policy, programming, and advocacy activities.
5. Apply ethical leadership skills to promote inclusive and respectful collaboration with communities.
We have also defined a series of foundational outcomes for this program, including skills in policy, leadership, communication, planning and management, and evidence-based approaches.
HIGH-EARNING, HIGH-INFLUENCE CAREERS
You'll graduate from Saint Mary's ready for an influential career promoting well-being and improving people's quality of life across the world. Here are a few examples of careers you could pursue:
• Epidemiologist: $69,660 annual income
• Environmental Scientist: $69,400 annual income
• Health Educator: $45,360 annual income
• Dietician and Nutritionist: $59,410 annual income
SOURCE: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, May 2018.
Saint Mary's Office of Student Financial Services is committed to providing students and their families with the information they need to navigate and understand the financial aid process. When filling out your FAFSA, list our federal ID: 002380
• Prerequisites: Human Biology, Quantitative Methods or Basic Statistics (may be fulfilled by GM630 Quantitative Methods)
• Bachelor's Degree: Baccalaureate degree (any discipline) from a nationally accredited college or university. Official transcripts are required from each institution attended
• Minimum GPA: Applicants need to have an undergraduate cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.75
• Résumé or Curriculum Vitae
Classification: Master's College or University I
Loans Offered: Applicants may apply for loans by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). FAFSA Code: 002380
Locale: Distant Town
Size & Settings: 0-999